Endometriosis ~ Abdominal Pain ~ Endo ~ Scar Tissue ~ Adhesions ~ Infertility ~ Hysterectomy

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Live Laugh Love Blog

Endometriosis
It's just hit me. I have endometriosis. I was told this last Monday but the words didn't really mean much until today. I was out of it for all of last week from my pain killers and then there was Easter so I guess today is the first day I've had to actually sit down and think about it. I'm feeling very emotional and confused. I don't understand much about what is going to happen to me from now on and it's so frustrating!! I have so many questions and no one to answer them, well not until the 31st of May when I go back to my surgeon. I can't believe I have to wait that long. I'm going to drive myself crazy with 'what if's' by then. All they could tell me when I was in hospital was that they found "a bit of endometriosis". I don't know where. I don't know how bad this 'bit' is. I don't know if they got rid of it while they were in there. And today I'm starting to feel the pain again... on top of the pain I'm still feeling from my operation, so I guess it's also the first time I've had to think that maybe they couldn't do anything and I have to live with this pain forever. I think up until today, I thought that everything was going to be ok. I think I'm just tired and overwhelmed by it all at the moment. I know it's not the end of the world, and I know I shouldn't whinge when there are so many people in the world who are so much worse off than I am but I just can't help but feel sorry for myself at the moment. I know it will pass, but for now I think I need a hug and a cry.
Check it out

No comments: